Thursday, June 28, 2012

sew an across the body bag

Home Depot recently had a sale on the drop cloth.. ,, 2 in a pack for $9.97.. and I bought two packs.  After making some drapes for the bedroom I decided to make some bags.  Here's the first one I've finished.  Wish I had taken some photos as I went but since I was kinda winging it (not going by a specific tutorial or pattern)  and doing my own thing so I had to stay focused and didnt stop to take pictures. 
The finished bag measurements are about  12 inches wide by 14 in tall.. thats a rough "guess"timate .. I didnt measure the finished product.  I'll update that information later. 

The outside of the bag is sewn so that there are three pockets on the outside on both sides. 


 You can sort of see here the divided pockets.  The material used for this is duck cloth.  Which is a bit thicker than normal fabric.  Amberly picked this out.  I love it. 





The inside of the bag has a large pocket divided into two sections. I also added a little tab for her to clip her keys so they are easy to find.  



The bottom has boxed corners which makes it very roomy on the inside.

2nd bag coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie this is great! I love it, great use of the dropcloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this purse-the choice of fabrics are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails